Super FAFSA Week
Posted on January 17, 2014
by Ericka Aikens & Heather Busch
Need help navigating the financial aid process?
Super FAFSA Week is your chance to get free, professional assistance with completing the Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) and figuring out how to pay for college.
Super FAFSA Week Event at Tyler
Saturday, February 1
John Tyler Community College – Chester Campus, Bird Hall
FAFSA Completion Assistance: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Financial Aid 101 Presentations: 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
The event is free and open to the public.
Who should attend?
Parents, high school, college and adult students who plan to attend college during the 2014-2015 academic year.
What to bring?
- U.S. Department of Education Personal Identification Number (PIN) for you and your parent. Save time and apply for a PIN in advance at http://www.pin.ed.gov. You may also get one in real time when you fill out the online FAFSA.
- Social Security numbers for you and your parents/spouse
- Driver’s license (if available)
- 2013 Federal income records, including income tax return and W-2 forms (if 2013 are not available, you can bring most recent)
- 2013 Untaxed income records
- Family’s current bank statements, business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records
- Alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
Super FAFSA Week is sponsored by the Virginia Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators and funded in part by the College Access Challenge Grant Program. Learn more at www.vasfaa.org/super.
Information Maintained by:
Heather Busch, Web Communications Manager