Curriculum Placement Procedures
If you would like to be placed in a particular degree, certificate or career studies certificate program, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Follow the appropriate steps for admission based on your status.
- Then, make an appointment with a counselor in the Counseling Center.
- During your appointment, your counselor will discuss your future plans and your program options. The counselor will guide your steps leading to curriculum placement and complete a Curriculum Placement Form at the appropriate time. You will receive a copy of the form which includes the name of your faculty advisor (office location, telephone number, and email address).
- If you are a new student being curriculum placed, your counselor will help you register for classes for your first semester. He or she will also let you know that it is your responsibility to make an appointment with your academic faculty advisor before you register for classes in future semesters. You may not self-advise and register for classes unless your advisor grants you that authorization.
- If you are a transfer student, the Admissions and Records Office will evaluate your transcripts when they receive their copy of your Curriculum Placement Form.