Starting Fall 2014, all Developmental Math courses are offered as Math Essentials (MTE) – a course structure that allows you to test out of material you already know. Course material is divided into nine separate units, referred to as Modules, and students can work in Math Centers on campus to complete their work.
MATH CENTER LOCATIONS AND HOURS
***NO TESTING IS DONE IN THE MATH CENTERS.***
JANUARY 11 - MAY 10
Monday: 9am - 6:30pm
Monday: 9am - 6:30pm
Open Testing Days ........... To be announced
There will be Open Testing Days for JTCC students who need to complete Developmental Math Modules as prerequisites for college-level math courses. Open Testing Days give JTCC students the opportunity to take a mastery test on a specific Module without being enrolled in an MTE course. Successful completion of a mastery test will award the student credit for that Module, thus reducing the number of required Developmental Math credits. (Note: Successful completion of a mastery test during Open Testing Days will have no effect on a student’s grade in a current or future MTE course.)
IMPORTANT: You are not eligible to register for Open Testing Days if you have never taken an MTT/MTE course. You then have two options: (1) Enroll in the appropriate MTE course, or (2) Retake the Virginia Placement Test.
You must enter your myTyler username and password to register for Open Testing Days.
Learn more about Developmental Math:
- Developmental Math Fall 2014 - ppt or video. Note: The link to the MTE Schedule pdf opens the one for Fall 2014.
- PDF of MTE courses available in Spring 2016 (Rev. 2/1/16)
- How To Register For Your MTE Course By Session (First, watch "Developmental Math Fall 2014" ppt.)
- If the student took the VPT and is program placed, what Modules has the student satisfied?
- BSK: Basic Skills (Module 0) Options for Students
- Master Developmental Math Faster flyer
- Prepare To Take the Math VPT
- JTCC Developmental Math web site
- VPT Practice Questions and Answers – Remember that calculators are not allowed for Module 1. Graphing calculators are not allowed for any part of the test.