Save As Much as $2,000 with Tyler’s Z-Degree.
Starting in Fall 2017, you can earn an Associate Degree in General Studies using no-cost, high-quality electronic textbooks and educational materials through Tyler’s Z-Degree Pilot Program.
Textbooks can be 25% or more of your total college costs. That means Tyler’s Z-Degree could save you as much as $2,000!
Benefits of Tyler’s Z-Degree Pilot Program:
- Zero textbook costs.*
- Guaranteed enrollment in the most popular courses.
- Morning Block Schedule:
- Attend 16-week classes over four semesters.
- Courses meet Monday – Thursday from approximately 8:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. on the Chester Campus.
- Student also take one online course each semester.
*Science classes may require a lab kit, which costs approximately $40.
Who is eligible?
The Z-Degree Pilot Program is open to new high school graduates as well as adult learners, including military-related students, who plan to pursue an Associate Degree in General Studies.
Applicants must meet ONE of the following academic requirements:
- Virginia Placement Test (VPT): Placement into College Composition (English 111) and Math for the Liberal Arts (MTH 170), or
- SAT (old): Minimum scores of 500 in English/reading/writing and 520 in math, or
- SAT (new): Minimum score of 560 in Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (ERW) and 550 in math, or
- ACT: Minimum scores of 18 in English/reading/writing and 22 in math·
How to apply
- Apply for admission to JTCC.
- Take the Virginia Placement Test (VPT), if required.
- Apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit the supplemental application.
Tyler’s Z-Degree Pilot Program starts in Fall 2017. Applications will be accepted through June 30, 2017. Review of applications will begin on March 31, 2017, so apply early!
For more information, contact Dr. Mary Lou Vredenburg, Associate Dean of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences at 804-706-5088 (Chester), 804-594-1458 (Midlothian) or email@example.com.