The John Tyler Community College Foundation offers 100+ scholarship opportunities exclusively for Tyler students. Some scholarships are general while others are for specific programs of study, for students who live in a particular locality, or for students who excel academically.
New this year! The application for Tobacco Region Scholarships is now online. Residents of Amelia, Dinwiddie and Sussex Counties pursuing STEM-H majors are encouraged to apply. Click here to learn more. If planning to attend JTCC during the 2017-18 academic year, please complete an online application between May 1 and June 1. Start your online application today.
The application deadline for fall 2017, spring 2018 and summer 2018 semesters for all other JTCC Foundation Scholarships has passed. Please return in January 2018 for the 2018-19 scholarship application.
- May 1: Tobacco Region Scholarship application goes live.
- May 1: All John Tyler International Studies Scholarship applicants will be notified.
- June 1: Deadline for Tobacco Region Scholarship applications.
- August 1: All other John Tyler Foundation Scholarship applicants – whether offered a scholarship or not – will be notified.
* If a published deadline falls on a weekend, then the following Monday at 5:00 p.m. will serve as the deadline.
Mandatory scholar events
Scholarship recipients are required to attend two events during the academic year to connect with each other and their donors. Dates, times, and locations will be shared with invitees:
- Scholarship celebration luncheon
- Mid-year checkpoint events