The John Tyler Community College Foundation offers 100+ scholarship opportunities exclusively for Tyler students. Some scholarships are general while others are for specific programs of study, for students who live in a particular locality, or for students who excel academically.
The JTCC Foundation Scholarship application for fall 2017, spring 2018 and summer 2018 semesters is now closed. Please return in January 2018 for the 2018-19 scholarship application.
New for the 2017-18 academic year: For consideration for a Tobacco Region Scholarship, applicants must apply online. See important dates below. This scholarship is for residents of Amelia, Dinwiddie and Sussex Counties pursuing STEM-H majors.
- January 15 - April 15: John Tyler Foundation Scholarship application open.
- May 1 - June 1: Tobacco Region Scholarship application open.
- May 1: All John Tyler International Studies Scholarship applicants notified.
- August 1: All other John Tyler Foundation Scholarship applicants – whether offered a scholarship or not – notified.
* If a published deadline falls on a weekend, then the following Monday at 5:00 p.m. will serve as the deadline.
Mandatory scholar events
Scholarship recipients are required to attend two events during the academic year to connect with each other and their donors. Dates, times, and locations will be shared with invitees:
- Scholarship celebration luncheon
- Mid-year checkpoint events