Commonwealth Legacy Scholarships
Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship
(Scholarship ID Number 2081)
**Additional documentation required**
The Virginia Foundation for Community College Education (VFCCE) offers a Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship designed to assist a student, enrolled at John Tyler Community College, with the cost of tuition, books and fees.
The following criteria must be met:
- Completion of a scholarship application.
- Must have graduated from high school with at least a 3.2 cumulative grade point average (GPA), and must maintain at least a 3.2 while enrolled at John Tyler Community College.
- May be enrolled as either a full-time or part-time student at John Tyler Community College.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to develop leadership skills.
- Must have plans to graduate from John Tyler.
- Recipients must agree to be part of a program that will promote community college education and become mentors to future Legacy scholars.
- In addition to the essays required by the application, applicants must provide an additional one-page essay describing their leadership qualities, commitment to developing their leadership skills, and commitment to obtaining their associate degree.