Information Systems AS
Associate of Science (AS)
This program is intended to provide the student with a general course of study that parallels the freshman and sophomore years at some colleges and universities and prepares the student for a baccalaureate degree program in information systems, management information systems, information technology, or business.
Program Requirements and Special Conditions
Students must meet JTCC admission requirements. Students must also complete placement tests (or equivalent) in English and mathematics, and scores will be used for appropriate course placement. If students have deficiencies in English and/or mathematics, JTCC offers developmental and prerequisite courses to prepare students for the curriculum. New students should visit the Advising Center and returning students their faculty advisor for more information.
- Students are strongly encouraged to complete their SDV, ENG, and MTH requirements first.
- All information technology courses must be completed within five years of a student’s intended graduation date.
- The social/behavioral sciences elective requirement can be satisfied by courses with the following prefixes: ECO, GEO, HIS, PLS, PSY (except PSY 100) or SOC.
- The humanities elective requirement must be satisfied by completing one 3-credit conceptual humanities course. See http://www.jtcc.edu/humanitieselectives for a list of approved conceptual and applied humanities electives.
- Students should consult their faculty advisors about math requirements at their intended transfer institution.
- Students with good computer skills may seek to satisfy this requirement by CLEP or internal exam.
- Students should regularly meet with their faculty advisor and check their advisement report in MyTyler – SIS.
- Courses noted as Fall only or Spring only are based on historical trends and current planning and may change without notice.