Phi Theta Kappa has many scholarship opportunities. Between transfer scholarships offered by 4-year institutions, other organization programs, and Phi Theta Kappa provided scholarships, its hard to beat the amount of scholarship money available for Phi Theta Kappans. Check out some of these below!
- Currently more than 700 colleges and universities in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Canada offer more than $37 million in transfer scholarships to Phi Theta Kappa members.
- The top-scoring applicant for the All-USA Academic Team in each state is named a New Century Scholar. The New Century Scholars program is sponsored annually by the American Association of Community Colleges, The Coca-Cola Foundation, the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation, and Phi Theta Kappa.
- First or second year community college students planning to continue their education at a two-year institution may be nominated by their college to apply for the $1,000 Coca-Cola Two-Year Colleges Scholarship administered by the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation. Find out more about Phi Theta Kappa’s involvement with the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation.
- Students are nominated to the All-State Academic Team in participating states. All-State members receive special recognition including medallions, certificates and oftentimes stipends and scholarships.
- The Guistwhite Scholarships awards twenty qualifying students scholarships of $5,000 each, for completion of baccalaureate degrees.
- Leaders of Promise is the Society’s first scholarship program available to members to be used during the time they are enrolled in their community colleges. A total of 30 scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded based on applications submitted by members.
- Phi Theta Kappa is the only two-year college honor society whose members are automatically nominated for inclusion in the National Dean’s List, a prestigious publication of outstanding students in two-year, four-year, and graduate degree programs.
- The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation grants The Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarships, the most generous scholarships ever offered to graduating community college students. The scholarship awards provide funding for tuition, room and board, books, and other required fees for the remainder of the Jack Kent Cooke Scholar’s bachelor’s degree, generally two years. Candidates for this scholarship must be nominated by their two-year institution in order to apply. The maximum available per student is $30,000 per year.
- Nota Bene, Phi Theta Kappa’s literary honors anthology, annually publishes outstanding entries submitted by Phi Theta Kappa students. The author of the most outstanding submission will be presented with the Citation Scholarship, an award of $1,000. Four manuscripts will be chosen to receive Reynolds Scholarships, awards of $500 each. Find out more.
- One $500 On-Line Scholarship will be awarded each month to randomly selected members who have enrolled in Get Connected. Nearly $10,000 in Network Scholarships were awarded during the last academic year. One winner is announced in the Golden Key News Briefs each month, and that person is required to call by a specified deadline to claim the Scholarship.