The writing center is a free tutoring service offered to JTCC students at both the Chester and Midlothian campus. We help students with all stages of writing for any assignment. We can help you with the following:
- Organizing your paper
- Developing a solid thesis statement
- Citing sources
- Improving writing style
- Addressing grammar problems
How to make an appointment?
To make an appointment, you can e-mail us or stop by. Walk in appointments are accepted as long as a tutor is available. The hours of operation are as follows:
Chester Campus Information- Moyar Hall 115
Midlothian Campus Information- Eliades Hall 207
If you are unable to come to campus for a face-to-face visit, you may submit an assignment for online review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following if you would like one of our tutors to assist you with an online submission:
1. Attach the assignment and instructions
2. Your name and student identification number
3. Instructor and course number
4. Let us know if you would like us to notify your instructor of the virtual visit
We will reply within 2 business days of receipt of the submission. If you submit your paper on a Friday, you will receive a response by Tuesday morning.