A Place That Changes Lives
At John Tyler Community College, we spend each and every day helping our students reach their goals. It’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are a college that’s helping Reece Adkins pursue his goal of earning a degree in computer science and becoming a software developer. We are a community that’s offering Brittney White the opportunity to start a new career. We are faculty and staff who are opening new doors for Elena Brancato as she works toward her dream of working in communications. These are only a few of the stories that inspire us to do everything we can to help our students grow and our community thrive.
Reaching Out to Legislators
On January 30, February 14, and March 1, our 2018 student delegation met with some of the legislators who serve the John Tyler Community College service region. During those meetings, our students shared their stories and discussed how John Tyler Community College has impacted their lives and benefits the community.
Left to Right: Stephen Escamilla, Monica Garrett, Heather Ashbeck, Jordan Nurney, Sen. Amanda Chase, Elena Brancato, Julia Eliades, Dr. Edward "Ted" Raspiller (JTCC President)
Front Row: Stephen Escamilla, Alexis Gomez, Jordan Nurney, Dana Legere. Middle Row: Brittney White, Sen. Rosalyn Dance. Back Row: Reece Adkins, Dr. Edward "Ted" Raspiller (JTCC President), Heather Ashbeck
Left to Right: Stephen Escamilla, Del. Kirk Cox, Julia Bailey, Monica Garrett, Elena Brancato, Chelsey Bufton, Dr. Edward "Ted" Raspiller (JTCC President)
Virginia General Assembly
Virginia House of Delegates Members
Virginia Senate Members
Governor Ralph S. Northam
Lieutenant Governor Justin E. Fairfax
Attorney General Mark R. Herring
Virginia Community College System Blog
How Can You Help?
- Communicate with members of the General Assembly who represent your locality. To find your legislators and their contact information, please visit the Virginia General Assembly home page, and click on “Who’s My Legislator” (at the top of the page).
- E-mail Holly Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the College delegation on future trips to the Virginia General Assembly.
John Tyler Community College supports the Growth4VA campaign, which was launched by the Virginia Business Higher Education Council "to promote reform and reinvestment in Virginia's top-ranked higher education system."
The Growth4VA coalition will work to:
- Make Virginia the top state for workforce talent.
- Make Virginia known as the home of innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Prepare Virginians for great jobs and great lives.
- Provide all Virginians with affordable access to education.
Learn more about Growth4VA.
Get More Information:
Holly Walker, Public Relations Manager