A Place That Changes Lives
At John Tyler Community College, we spend each and every day helping our students reach their goals. It’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are a college that’s helping Artre Turner, a former Marine, as he pursues his goal of becoming an industrial engineer. We are a community that’s offering Alexis Atkinson the opportunity to build the skills that will prepare her for a career in teaching. We are faculty and staff who are opening doors for Aimy Simbi as she builds a foundation that will help her realize her dream of becoming a corporate lawyer. These are only a few of the stories that inspire us to do everything we can to help our students grow and our community thrive.
Reaching Out to Legislators
On February 5 and February 18, Tyler students met with some of the legislators who serve the John Tyler Community College service region. During those meetings, our students shared their stories and discussed how John Tyler Community College impacts their lives and benefits the community.
From left to right: Alexis Atkinson, Princess Alashmali, Catherine Villiott, Sen. Amanda Chase, Aimy Simbi, Alicia Alvarez, Artre Turner
From left to right: Artre Turner, Aimy Simbi, Sen. Ghazala Hashmi, Alexis Atkinson, Catherine Villiott, Princess Alashmali, Alicia Alvarez, Dr. Ted Raspiller
From left to right: Alexis Atkinson, Del. Lashrecse Aird, Artre Turner, Catherine Villiott, Alicia Alvarez, Princess Alashmali, Aimy Simbi
From left to right: Artre Turner, Alicia Alvarez, Del. Emily Brewer, Catherine Villiott, Alexis Atkinson, Shauna Neal, Aimy Simbi, Dr. Ted Raspiller
From left to right: Artre Turner, Alexis Atkinson, Catherine Villiott, Del. Carrie Emerson Coyner, Aimy Simbi, Shauna Neal, Alicia Alvarez
From left to right: Artre Turner, Alexis Atkinson, Catherine Villiott, Gov. Ralph Northam Alicia Alvarez, Aimy Simbi, Princess Alashmali
Virginia General Assembly
Virginia House of Delegates Members
Virginia Senate Members
Governor Ralph S. Northam
Lieutenant Governor Justin E. Fairfax
Attorney General Mark R. Herring
Virginia Community College System Blog
How Can You Help?
- Communicate with members of the General Assembly who represent your locality. To find your legislators and their contact information, please visit the Virginia General Assembly home page, and click on “Who’s My Legislator” (at the top of the page).
- E-mail Holly Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the College delegation on future trips to the Virginia General Assembly.
John Tyler Community College supports the Growth4VA campaign, which was launched by the Virginia Business Higher Education Council "to promote reform and reinvestment in Virginia's top-ranked higher education system."
The Growth4VA coalition will work to:
- Make Virginia the top state for workforce talent.
- Make Virginia known as the home of innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Prepare Virginians for great jobs and great lives.
- Provide all Virginians with affordable access to education.
Learn more about Growth4VA.
Get More Information:
Holly Walker, Public Relations Manager