Getting Ready for the Start of Classes
Posted on August 20, 2019
By Holly Walker
The start of the fall semester is an exciting time of year, but it can also be hectic for students as they get ready for their classes to start.
Here are a few tips to help you prepare:
- Check your student e-mail. Lots of important and helpful information is sent to your e-mail, including messages from your professors; information about services available to you; announcements about student clubs and activities; notices about job, internship and other opportunities; and much more.
- Double-check your class schedule. Confirm the dates when your classes start (the college offers class sessions that start at different times during the semester. Also, check the campuses listed for each of your campuses (for any on-campus and/or hybrid classes).
- Make sure you have your textbooks for your first day of class. You can search textbook requirements on the bookstore web site.
- When on campus, get your student ID. Your ID is important. It is your library card, used for on-campus printers, may be used for discounts at some local movie theaters, businesses and restaurants, and more. Visit the Student Activities Office on either campus to get your ID.
- Get your parking decal. Complete the online form to request a decal (or decals if using multiple vehicles) and stop by one of the designated security desks to pick it up.
- Download a campus map. If you are learning your way around Tyler’s campuses, visit www.jtcc.edu/locations for downloadable maps of the Chester and Midlothian campuses.
Welcome tables will be set up on the Chester and Midlothian Campuses on the first days of the semester to help you with your questions.
Get More Information:
Holly Walker, Public Relations Manager