Spring Registration Continues during Winter Break
Posted on December 20, 2019
By Holly Walker
While John Tyler Community College is closed for Winter Break from December 24, 2019 – January 1, 2020, registration for Spring 2020 classes will continue. During the break, students may sign up for classes using the Student Information System (SIS) in their myTyler account and make their tuition payments online using QuikPay. The online application for admission will also be available.
Although there will be no in-person assistance during Winter Break, the college will provide assistance through e-mail. Starting December 26, the following e-mail addresses will be monitored:
- email@example.com to get answers to questions about class registration, transcripts, the college’s application for admission, and diplomas
- firstname.lastname@example.org to get answers to questions about transferring, majors, placement testing, waiving placement tests, and recommended next courses
- email@example.com to request a third-repeat of a course
- firstname.lastname@example.org to get help with myTyler
- email@example.com to get technical support with Canvas
Those who submit requests for help to these e-mail addresses should receive a response within 24 – 48 business hours (not including holidays or weekends).
The Financial Aid and Student Accounts help desk will remain open during break. The help desk is available 24/7 and may be reached by calling 1-855-874-6684 or by participating in an online chat.
Don’t forget: The next tuition payment deadline is January 6. Students who have signed up for classes between December 17 and January 6 (including January 6), must pay their tuition and fees by 5:00 p.m. if paying on campus or by 11:59 p.m. if paying online using QuikPay on January 6, so they are not dropped from their classes.
Get More Information:
Holly Walker, Public Relations Manager