Fool for Art: A Day of Art, Learning and Fun
Primary Media Contact:
Public Relations Manager
Secondary Media Contact:
Creative Services Manager
Released on April 05, 2017
CHESTER and MIDLOTHIAN, Va. – Get creative, experiment, analyze, discover, and dance. You can do all this and more at John Tyler Community College’s 12th Annual Fool for Art Festival on Saturday, April 22, 2017. Fool for Art is a family friendly event where people of all ages can explore their inner scientist; use their imagination; experience learning in fun ways; and enjoy arts, crafts, music, food and games. Plus, this year, attendees are invited to join in the celebration as John Tyler Community College marks its 50th anniversary with a variety of activities throughout the festival. Fool for Art highlights include:
- Arts and Crafts: Stroll through the art and craft vendor area, and shop from a selection of paintings, ceramics, woodwork, glass art, jewelry, photographs and more.
- Art of Learning Tent: Experiment, design, create and learn. Get ready for lots of interesting hands-on activities for all ages.
- Learning Experiences: Head into the classroom, and learn about physics, Spanish, computer science, art, drones, cyber security, theatre, robotics and more (activities for all ages).
- Getting Started at Tyler: Staff from the college’s Admissions and Records Office, Financial Aid Office, and Advising Centers will be on hand to answer your questions about applying to John Tyler, financial aid assistance, choosing a major, and signing up for summer and fall semester classes.
- John Tyler Community College – 50 & Forward: Dance to the decades, strike a pose in the Decades of Fun photo booth, attend a birthday party, create your own time capsule frame, and more.
- On the Courtyard and in our Backyard: Watch an oil portrait demonstration, meet some of our student clubs, discover the art of welding, play games, explore a giant periodic table, and enjoy the art of face painting.
- Food: Enjoy sweet treats to main dishes being served by a variety of vendors in our food court and at the Trailblazer Café.
Fool for Art will be held at the college’s Midlothian Campus, located at 800 Charter Colony Parkway, from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Admission is free.
For directions to the Midlothian Campus, go to www.jtcc.edu/locations. For a complete list of Fool for Art activities, sessions, art vendors and food vendors visit www.jtcc.edu/foolforart. Still want to know more? Contact Lisa Kendrick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-594-1527.
John Tyler Community College, celebrating 50 years of providing educational opportunities to Central Virginia, is the fifth largest of the 23 community colleges in Virginia. With campuses in Chester and Midlothian and off-campus classrooms throughout the area, John Tyler offers affordable, quality programs for students who want to earn a degree or certificate, transfer to a four-year college or university, train for the workforce, or switch careers. The College, which served more than 14,100 students during the 2015-16 academic year, offers more than 60 majors, including associate degrees and certificates. The institution also serves more than 12,000 non-credit trainees and over 900 companies and government agencies annually through the Community College Workforce Alliance.
Get More Information:
Holly Walker, Public Relations Manager