Get Help Paying for College
Posted on February 12, 2018
By Holly Walker
Would you like help paying for college? Then consider applying for a John Tyler Community College Foundation scholarship. Each year, the Foundation awards scholarships to new and continuing Tyler students. Some scholarship are general, while others are for specific majors; for students who live in a particular city or county; or for students with financial need.
Nearly 200 students received scholarships through the program for the current academic year. Would you like to see yourself on the scholarship recipient list in 2018-2019?
To be eligible for a JTCC Foundation scholarship, at a minimum, you must meet the following requirements by the application deadline:
- Plan to attend JTCC during the upcoming academic year, or at least the fall semester.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be enrolled in an eligible certificate and/or degree program.
- Must be Virginia residents and have in-state tuition status.
To apply for a JTCC Foundation Scholarship, you must:
- Complete the online application, which requires information about your academics, leadership and service to others.
- Obtain a minimum of two letters of recommendation. Applications are not considered complete until at least two letters of recommendation are received through the online application.
- Provide official transcripts for GPA verification if you are a high school or home-schooled student.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) indicating JTCC School Code #004004. A new FAFSA must be filed each academic year.
Students applying for a JTCC International Studies Scholarship must submit their completed application and all supporting material by March 15.
Students applying for all other JTCC Foundation scholarships must submit their completed materials by April 16.
More information about JTCC Foundation Scholarship Program, including a link to the online application, may be found at www.jtcc.edu/scholarships.
If you have questions about the Foundation Scholarship Program, contact email@example.com.
Get More Information:
Holly Walker, Public Relations Manager