There’s Still Time to Apply for a John Tyler Community College Foundation Scholarship
Primary Media Contact:
Public Relations Manager
Secondary Media Contact:
Creative Services Manager
Released on April 02, 2018
CHESTER and MIDLOTHIAN, Va. – New and returning John Tyler Community College (JTCC) students still have time to apply for a JTCC Foundation Scholarship covering the 2018-2019 academic year. To be considered for one of these scholarships, a student must meet, at a minimum, the following requirements by the application deadline:
- Plan to attend JTCC during the upcoming academic year or at least the fall semester.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Be enrolled in an eligible certificate and/or degree program.
- Be a Virginia resident and have in-state tuition status.
To apply for a JTCC Foundation Scholarship, a student must:
- Complete the online application, which requires information about his/her academics, leadership and service to others.
- Obtain a minimum of two letters of recommendation. (Please note: Applications are not considered complete until at least two letters of recommendation are received through the online application.)
- Provide official transcripts for GPA verification if he/she is a high school or home-schooled student.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) indicating JTCC School Code #004004. A new FAFSA must be filed each academic year.
The deadline to apply for a JTCC Foundation Scholarship is 5:00 p.m. on April 16, 2018.
Additional information about the John Tyler Community College Foundation’s scholarship program and the online application can be found at www.jtcc.edu/scholarships. Questions about the program or the scholarship process may be directed to the Foundation Office at email@example.com or 804-594-1476.
Through its scholarship program, the Foundation provides funding that helps recipients pay for expenses such as tuition, fees and textbooks. For the 2017-2018 academic year, the Foundation awarded more than $300,000 in scholarships to nearly 200 students. For the upcoming academic year, several new scholarships will be available, including completion scholarships, designed to help students finish their programs and earn credentials, and a new nurse externship scholarship established by Chippenham-Johnston Willis (CJW) Hospitals, which will help nursing students with expenses in their third and fourth semesters, provide part-time jobs during that time, and can lead to full-time employment at CJW.
In addition to its scholarship program, the JTCC Foundation secures resources that fund academic programs, student support services, capital projects, and renovations to modernize classrooms and labs; and stimulate innovation within the college faculty and staff. This work ensures the College continues its pledge of providing academic excellence to students while expanding the services it offers to meet the community’s workforce requirements. Since most of the College’s graduates live and work in the area, gifts to the Foundation are an investment in both students and the community.
John Tyler Community College offers more than 60 majors that provide pathways to careers in high-demand fields; transfer opportunities to four-year colleges and universities; and industry credentials and licensures. The college, with campuses in Chester and Midlothian, a Nursing Education Center, online classes, and off-campus classrooms, served more than 13,900 students during the 2016-17 academic year. It also assisted nearly 6,000 learners and more than 200 companies and organizations through its workforce development division, Community College Workforce Alliance.
Get More Information:
Holly Walker, Public Relations Manager