John Tyler Community College (JTCC) does not discriminate in employment or education opportunity on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, age, gender, sex, political affiliation, religion, military service or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, or other non-merit factors in its programs or activities.
Harassment of an individual or group on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, age, gender, sex, political affiliation, religion, military service or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, or other non-merit factors in its programs or activities has no place in a learning or work environment and is prohibited.
Please note that any gender-based discrimination or sex-based discrimination to include sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking should be directed to Sandra Kirkland, Dean of Students and Title IX Coordinator and/or Michelle Spencer, Associate Dean of Students and Deputy Title IX Coordinator. Please refer to the Sexual Misconduct Webpage at https://www.jtcc.edu/about/title-ix-and-sexual-misconduct/ to access the JTCC Title IX policy and procedures and for the optional reporting form. Title IX includes protections for pregnant students.
John Tyler Community College (JTCC) is an open-admission institution offering career and technical programs in the following career clusters:
- Advanced Manufacturing, Architecture, Construction and Skilled Trades
- Arts and Communication
- Business, Management, Finance, Hospitality Management and Marketing
- Engineering, Computer Science and Natural Science
- Health Sciences
- Government, Human Services, Law and Public Safety
- Information Technology
Some of the career and technical programs offer admission based on selective criteria through a separate application process or through special conditions that are nondiscriminatory. These programs are:
- Dietary Manager, Career Studies Certificate
- Emergency Medical Services, Advanced Emergency Medical Technician, Career Studies Certificate
- Emergency Medical Services, Paramedic, Associate of Applied Science
- Massage Therapy, Career Studies Certificate
- Nurse Aide/Medication Aide, Career Studies Certificate
- Nursing, Associate of Applied Science
- Funeral Services, Associate of Applied Science
Inquiries related to the College’s nondiscrimination statement should be directed to:
Ms. Sandra Kirkland
Dean of Students
Title IX Coordinator
ADA/Section 504 Coordinator
Title II Coordinator
13101 Jefferson Davis Highway, Chester, VA 23831
If requested, this document is available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities. Consumers with hearing or speech disabilities may contact the college via their preferred Telecommunications Relay Service.
Get More Information:
Holly Walker, Public Relations Manager