Nursing AAS Additional Information
TEAS (pre-admission Nursing Program Test): We are happy to announce that additional TEAS exam dates will be administered using the remote proctoring service Proctor through ATI. This will permit candidates to test at home. All candidates will need a laptop or desktop computer in order to take the TEAS test remotely. No iPads, tablets or phones can be used. In addition, all computer devices will need to have the following technical requirements:
- Microphone: Any microphone, external or internal
- Webcam: (320x240 VGA resolution minimum, can be internal or external webcam)
- The internet speed required is 0.092 – 0.244 Mbps. You can test your internet speed using www.speedtest.net.
- Google Chrome must be downloaded and installed on device
- All testers must also have a government –issued ID (e.g. driver’s license)
A full list of ATI’s technical requirements can be found at www.atitesting.com/technical-requirements. We ask that students schedule at least 72 hours in advance of their desired testing time through our testing website. Tests will be administered beginning at 8:30am and 1:00pm daily, Monday through Saturday, students can schedule exams online.
You will need to schedule the TEAS test through the JTCC testing center. During this situational time frame a student will only be allowed to schedule the TEAS test twice at JTCC.
- Application for Readmission
- JTCC Student Handbook
- Nursing Student Handbook
- Workforce Credentials Scholarship
- Estimated Program Costs
- NCLEX Pass Rates
- Nursing Achievement Data
- Nursing Program Application
- Nursing Program Eligibility Requirements
- Online Information Session
- Requirements after Acceptance to the Nursing Program
- Steps to Apply
- TEAS Sample-bar graph format
- TEAS Test Information
Current and Prospective Students
- Joint statement of the Department of Health and the Department of Health Professions on Impact of Criminal Convictions on Nursing Licensure or Certification and Employment in Virginia
Pursuant to United States Department of Education (US DOE) regulation 34 CFR 668.43 (a) (5) (v), the John Tyler Community College Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) program provides the following information for all prospective and current students:
The John Tyler Community College (JTCC) ADN program meets all Virginia Board of Nursing requirements for pre-licensure nursing education programs in the Commonwealth of Virginia. In addition, the JTCC ADN program meets all requirements for nationally recognized accreditation by the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing.
The Commonwealth of Virginia participates with 32 other states in the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) National Licensing Compact (NLC) to allow nurses licensed in one state to provide nursing care across state lines in other compact states. The Uniform Licensing Requirements (ULRs) are found at: https://www.ncsbn.org/NLC_ULRs.pdf.
States currently in the NLC are found at: https://www.ncsbn.org/nlcmemberstates.pdf. Prospective and current students are strongly encouraged to evaluate all state requirements in jurisdictions where they intend to practice nursing. A list of all state requirements is found at: https://www.ncsbn.org/14730.htm.
John Tyler Community College has not determined if the ADN program meets the requirements of any other states.
This statement serves to meet the USDOE regulation until further notice.
For additional information, contact the Nursing Office: 804-706-6500.