At Tyler, we’re invested in your success. Our fully online degrees give you flexible options to meet your educational goals on your own terms. We offer:
- High-quality classes lead by instructors specifically trained to teach online.
- High value. Our tuition rates are among the lowest in Virginia, and many courses feature no-cost or low-cost textbooks.
- A friendly, supportive community, including online tutoring, library services, advising, testing, disability support services and more.
Our Online Degrees
Tyler offers fully online degree programs in the following areas:
Transfer degrees fulfill many general education requirements for a four-year degree and are intended to best prepare students to transfer to a college or university.
Arts and Communication
Business, Management, Finance, Hospitality Management and Marketing
Government, Human Services, Law and Public Safety
Business Administration, Paralegal Studies Specialization, AS
Career and Technical Programs
Criminal Justice, AAS
Career and Technical Programs
Our full course schedule is available at jtcc.edu/schedule. Though not all course options for a degree program are available online, each of our online degree programs can be completed fully online.
We’re Here to Help
We recommend the following strategies to ensure you will be successful in your online courses:
- Classes are taught fully online; make sure you have a reliable internet connection and a computer. Tyler students are eligible for free Microsoft Office 365 and discounts on other software that may be useful for your studies.
- Make time for your coursework. Depending on the class, you can expect to spend 8-10 hours per week per class doing your assignments.
- Order any needed books and supplies well in advance to make sure they arrive before your course start date. Not having your course materials in time can put you behind and it can be tough to catch up.
- Familiarize yourself with Canvas, Tyler’s online learning platform, and review the syllabus and assignment due dates. If you need Canvas technical support, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact your instructor early and often with any questions about the course or the material.
- Tyler offers tutoring through our Academic Resource Center; our expert tutors are available online through Zoom.
Ready to Get Started?
To begin your education at Tyler, visit our Get Started page to see the steps to becoming a Tyler students.
Have questions about our online degrees or need advice about what might be the best path for you? Our advising office is here to assist. Email them at email@example.com and a trained counselor will be in touch to guide you through your options.
Student Complaint Process
Tyler's Student Grievance Policy and Procedure is described in our catalog. Tyler strives to provide the highest quality educational opportunities available. However, if a conflict does arise, our efforts are meant to resolve your grievances, complaints, and concerns in an expeditious, fair, and amicable manner. Students should follow carefully the steps outlined in our catalog to ensure proper and timely resolution of their complaint.
Complaints must follow the college's customary resolution procedure prior to being referred SCHEV.
Out-of-State Licensure and Certification
Our college has not yet determined whether all programs meet the licensing requirements for all states. Prior to enrolling in a program at Tyler leading to external licensure or certification, we recommend that a student contact the state board of the program in the state they wish to practice for the most complete and up-to-date information pertaining to licensure. In addition to educational requirements, a state board may require additional criteria be met for licensure.