Transferring Credits to Tyler
Students can transfer credits to Tyler in four different ways:
- Receiving credit for coursework taken at other regionally accredited colleges and universities
- Achieving acceptable scores on standardized tests and examinations
- Receiving credit for courses and training completed in the military, criminal justice academies, technology certification programs, and health services certification programs
- Submitting documentation for life experiences deemed equivalent to college courses.
To be eligible to transfer credits, you must:
- officially declare a major
- be currently enrolled
- submit official transcripts
- submit a Transfer Credit Request Form.
There is no limit on the number of transfer credits, but transfer credits may not be used to fulfill the residency requirement for graduation.
Some transfer credits will not be awarded until your last semester before graduation from Tyler. Check with your academic advisor.
A minimum of 25 percent of the credit required for a major must be earned at JTCC.
If you transfer credits to Tyler, they will be reflected on your Tyler transcript, with the transferring agency or source of the credit identified. However, transfer credits on your Tyler transcript will not show grades, scores, or grade points (GPA) for transfer credits.
See what will transfer:
Credits from other colleges and universities
Credits from standardized exams (AP, CLEP, DSST, and IB)
Credits from military, criminal justice academies, technology certification programs, and health services certification programs