Pay for Tyler
At John Tyler, we pride ourselves on offering first-rate college experiences with affordable tuition and fees. If you need assistance with paying for your education, don’t worry, we’ll help you through the process.
Tyler's campuses are open for in-person payments; visitors must follow our health and safety guidelines. Payments can also be made online and by mailing payments to John Tyler Community College Business Office, 13101 Jefferson Davis Highway, Chester, VA 23831. If you are planning to mail a payment on December 11 or after, please email the Financial Services Office to let them know to expect it. Vouchers, third-party or employer payment requests should contact Janice Claiborne-Foster at 804-706-5028 or Sheila Campbell at 804-594-1409.
Tyler offers several payment options, including:
- Pay online using a credit card or E-Pay through myTyler.
- Pay in person at the Cashier’s Office via check, cash, MasterCard or Visa.
- Tuition Payment Plan: For a non-refundable fee, your tuition and fees payments can be automatically deducted from your checking or savings account or charged to your credit card.
- Financial Aid – including grants, loans, and federal work-study positions
- Scholarships – including many specifically for John Tyler students
- Military and veterans benefits
- G3 Program
- REV Program
- 529 plan: If you want your 529 plan to pay the college directly, notify your plan administrator at least a week in advance of the tuition deadline. Be sure to allow several days for the payment to be applied to your student account.
- Employer or third-party payment: If your employer is paying for your classes, you must submit the employer’s purchase order or written authorization along with a contract agreement form signed by the employer. The contract agreement form can be obtained from the Cashier’s Office. The purchase order, authorization, and contract must be received by the appropriate tuition payment deadline.
Tyler participates in Single Stop, which connects students to government and community resources that will help them reach financial security, such as government benefits (SNAP, TANF, WIC); educational resources; legal assistance; housing options and health insurance options. By completing the online screening, Single Stop can estimate in minutes what supplemental resources students might be eligible to receive. Single Stop staff are also available to assist students in accessing these resources.
New for 2021: Free Tax Filing
Tyler has partnered with SingleStop to offer free tax filing for students. Learn more about your options.