Many organizations, including the John Tyler Community College Foundation, offer scholarships each year to students who deserve recognition for their academic achievement, service, and talent.
The Financial Aid Office at John Tyler maintains information on a number of different private scholarships available to students. If you would like more information on these scholarships, explore the links below or visit the Financial Aid Office.
- College Net: Scholarship and student networking resource.
- College Board: College preparation tool for high school seniors, juniors, and sophomores that includes a scholarship search.
- FastWeb!: Find money for college. Search 600,000 scholarships worth over $1 billion.
- Colleges, College Scholarships, and Financial Aid page: Free college scholarship searches, SAT and ACT test preparation tips, and more.
- SchoolSoup.com: "World's Largest" Scholarship Database.
- Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship: Scholarship for top community college students seeking to complete their bachelor's degrees.
- VSGC Scholarship and Fellowship Program: The Virginia Space Grant Consortium (VSGC) Scholarship and Fellowship Program annually awards students pursuing higher education at Virginia Space Grant universities and Virginia Community Colleges.
- CFG ScholarBank: Virginia Scholarship Bank.
- StudentScholarships.org: "Virginia’s leading source for finding scholarship money."
- American Welding Society (AWS): Scholarships to students in welding-related educational or training programs.
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing: Schlorships for nursing students.
- iGrad: iGrad houses a national scholarship database. iGrad is a FREE financial literacy tool for Tyler students and alumni.
The John Tyler Community College Foundation also offers a number of scholarships created exclusively for John Tyler Students through donors’ generous support of the College. You can find out more about these scholarships on the John Tyler Community College Foundation Scholarship page.