The Advising Centers
The Advising Center continues to offer its services remotely, and new and current students are encouraged to access these services from off campus.
Getting Started with Advising
To get started, please fill out our advising form:
Beginning March 15, the Advising Centers on both campuses will be open Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. with limited staffing.
To connect with staff remotely, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804-706-5224 for the Chester office and 804-594-1558. You can also contact advising through Navigate, available in the myTyler portal. Staff are available virtually:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Emails and phone messages will receive a response within 24 hours.
Tyler Advising Centers have academic/career advisors and professional counselors to assist you with educational, career and life planning.
Advising Center staff provide:
- Academic advising, primarily for first semester and undeclared students
- Assistance with changing or declaring a major
- Information on transferring
- Placement test results interpretation
- Guidance on academic policies and procedures
- Assignment of faculty advisors
- Career and life skills workshops throughout the semester, such as:
- Time management
- Stress management
- Test taking
- Critical thinking skills
- Community resource referrals
Moyar Hall, Room M107
13101 Jefferson Davis Highway
Chester, Virginia 23831
T Building, Room T115
800 Charter Colony Parkway
Midlothian, VA 23114