The Advising Centers
John Tyler Community College (JTCC) Advising Centers have academic/career advisors and professional counselors to assist you with educational, career and life planning.
Advising Center staff provide:
- Academic advising, primarily for first semester and undeclared students
- Disabilities support services
- Assistance with changing or declaring a major
- Information on transferring
- Placement test results interpretation
- Guidance on academic policies and procedures
- Assignment of faculty advisors
- Career and life skills workshops throughout the semester, such as:
- Time management
- Stress management
- Test taking
- Critical thinking skills
- Community resource referrals
Moyar Hall, Room M107
13101 Jefferson Davis Highway
Chester, Virginia 23831
Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
T Building, Room T115
800 Charter Colony Parkway
Midlothian, VA 23114
Monday – Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.