Student Government Association
The Student Government Association (SGA) of John Tyler Community College was formed to encourage an active role in college life and activities. SGA provides each student with a voice in student affairs. Whether you participate in SGA by running as an SGA Officer elect or simply by casting your vote, your own voice can be heard in order to shape our student government. Below are the SGA 2019-2020 Officers:
- Alicia Alvarez, President
- Eileen Mendez, Vice President (Acting Vice President for 2020-2021 academic year)
- Aimy Simbi, Secretary
- Princess Alashmali, Treasurer (Acting Secretary for 2020-2021 academic year)
- Kayla Dyson, Communications Coordinator (Acting President for 2020-2021 academic year)
Find out the responsibilities of SGA Officers and more by viewing the SGA Constitution.
Click the link for a 2020-2021 SGA Officer Application! Apply for Student Government Association.
Student Government Association Senate:
The John Tyler Community College Student Government Association Senate is made up of club and organization leaders from every recognized student group. Club and organizations are required to send a representative to each monthly Senate Meeting.
Next SGA Senate Meeting: To Be Determined
- Location: To Be Determined
Have any comments or suggestions for the Student Government Association? We want to hear from you! Email us at SGA@JTCC.EDU