Distance Education Testing
To schedule a test, submit an appointment request.
All students taking distance education courses that require on-campus testing need to know the following:
- Walk-ins cannot be accommodated.
- You can choose whether to take your test at the Chester or Midlothian Campus.
- Your instructor will give you specific testing requirements and let you know when your test must be taken. However, keep in mind that the Testing Services Department may not be administering tests every day during this period. For example, the testing centers are closed on Sundays.
- Schedule an appointment using this form at least two business days before you are required to take your test. Saturdays, Sundays and holidays are not considered business days.
- No test will not given after the date specified without written authorization from your instructor.
- All tests must conclude by the Testing Center’s designated closing time. It is your responsibility to schedule your test with enough time to finish your test before closing.
What to Bring
- A photo ID is required for all testing.
- Ask your instructor about what is required for your test. Pens, pencils, calculators and scantron forms are not provided.
To schedule a virtually proctored test via ProctorU, please consult with your instructor for further instructions.
The Testing Center offers limited services to non-John Tyler Community College students. Students from other community colleges in Virginia may take proctored exams for online courses at the John Tyler Midlothian and Chester Testing Centers with prior approval. The total number of proctored tests per course may need to be limited. E-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org before scheduling your appointment.
If you are a non-JTCC student, submit this appointment request.