Tutoring in the ARC
The ARC is OPEN! Click into the Virtual ARC below.
NEW Blog Post: The Tutors' Top 10 Netflix TV Shows
Online Tutoring is Available!
- Drop-In Tutoring is available in the Virtual ARC via Zoom Monday through Thursday, 10:00am - 6:00pm.
- Tutoring is offered on a wide variety of subjects, including Writing, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), Business, study skills/tech help, and more! Click here to see a list of our specific course proficiencies and available times. Remember that you can request an After-Hours Appointment if a course is not offered during a time that works for you.
- Use Drop-In Tutoring to have a focused session with a tutor, or keep it pulled up in the background while you study and ask questions when you get stuck.
- Make sure you are logged into your myTyler before clicking into the Zoom session.
Click into the Virtual ARC for Drop-In Tutoring:
Not able to come in during our Drop-In Tutoring hours? Submit a request for an After-Hours Appointment, and we'll do our best to accommodate times that work with your schedule. Appointments are subject to tutor availability and will be held via Zoom. You must be logged into your myTyler account to access the request form.
Prefer to study in a group of your peers, but need help forming one? Submit an interest form for a Study Group, and the ARC will work to facilitate the creation of a personalized group for your subject to meet and study in our Virtual Study Space. These groups can also be joined by one of our tutors to help facilitate study time.
Already have a study group formed? Use our Virtual Study Space to meet! You can work together on your own, or have a tutor join your group to offer assistance.
Helpful Links and Directions:
- Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ARC Tutors now have a blog! Check it out here!
- Having trouble signing into one of our Zoom sessions? Click here for directions to troubleshoot.
- Need help figuring out how to use Zoom? Check here for a walkthrough video.
How to Use the ARC Online:
The ARC LibGuides
The Writing Center and Math Center LibGuides provide online resources for students in a veriety of subjects. The Writing Center LibGuide can assist students with essay writing basics, grammar fundamentals, study skills, and more. The Math Center LibGuide has resources for courses including mathematics, sciences, test prep, and others.
Click the links below to access the LibGuides:
Online tutoring is available through Brainfuse, which you can access by logging into your Canvas and selecting the app within your specific courses. Brainfuse offers live one-on-one online tutoring, as well as an online Writing Lab, the ability to create your own flashcards, from online study groups and much more.
The ARC is Hiring Tutors
Looking for a job on campus? Apply to be a tutor in the ARC! We will specifically interview for writing or math/science tutors, both for the normal ARC staff and for the Supplemental Instruction (SI) Tutor positions. If you enjoy helping people and wish to gain experience working in an academic environment, please consider applying.