Tutoring in the ARC
Check out our latest blog post on our quarantine recipes!
The ARC has an Instagram! Follow us for updates, events, and fun content from the tutors.
Online Tutoring is Available!
- Drop-In Tutoring is available in the Virtual ARC via Zoom Monday through Thursday, 10:00am - 6:00pm.
- Tutoring is offered on a wide variety of subjects, including Writing, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), Business, study skills/tech help, and more!
- Use Drop-In Tutoring to have a focused session with a tutor, or keep it pulled up in the background while you study and ask questions when you get stuck.
- Make sure you are logged into your myTyler before clicking into the Zoom session.
Click into the Virtual ARC for Drop-In Tutoring:
If you are looking for tutoring in a specific course, please take a look at our Course Proficiencies Schedule to see when we have tutors available for your specific class. If you need help with something you don't see on the list, feel free to email us to inquire.
Not able to come in during our Drop-In Tutoring hours? Submit a request for an After-Hours Appointment, and we'll do our best to accommodate times that work with your schedule. Appointments are subject to tutor availability and will be held via Zoom. You must be logged into your myTyler account to access the request form.
Prefer to study in a group of your peers, but need help forming one? Submit an interest form for a Study Group, and the ARC will work to facilitate the creation of a personalized group for your subject to meet and study in our Virtual Study Space. These groups can also be joined by one of our tutors to help facilitate study time.
Want to see what study groups are meeting so you can join one? Check out our Virtual Study Group Schedule to see when groups are meeting. You are always welcome to click into the Virtual ARC above to meet with one of the groups. Don't see a group for your subject? Fill out the Study Group Interest Form!
Helpful Links and Directions:
- Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ARC now has an Instagram! Follow us here!
- The ARC Tutors now have a blog! Check it out here!
- Having trouble signing into one of our Zoom sessions? Click here for directions to troubleshoot.
- Need help figuring out how to use Zoom? Check here for a walkthrough video.
How to Use the ARC Online:
The ARC LibGuides
The Writing Center and Math Center LibGuides provide online resources for students in a veriety of subjects. The Writing Center LibGuide can assist students with essay writing basics, grammar fundamentals, study skills, and more. The Math Center LibGuide has resources for courses including mathematics, sciences, test prep, and others.
Click the links below to access the LibGuides:
Online tutoring is available through Brainfuse, which you can access by logging into your Canvas and selecting the app within your specific courses. Brainfuse offers live one-on-one online tutoring, as well as an online Writing Lab, the ability to create your own flashcards, form online study groups, and much more. Please note that usage of Brainfuse is limited to a certain number of hours, but students who run out of time in Brainfuse can always use the ARC for unlimited tutoring.
The ARC is Hiring Tutors
Are you looking to be a student worker at John Tyler? Apply to be a student tutor in the ARC! Student tutors are primarily required to tutor either writing or science/math courses, while also assisting with basic study and technology skills. If you have a passion for helping your peers succeed, please apply by filling out our online application below.