Returning Student – Veteran, Active Duty or Family Member
Each term the MVEO must be informed your are enrolled in classes and you want to use your VA Educational Benefit(s).
- Meet with your academic advisor.
- Apply for federal aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. JTCC's school code is 004004.
- Select your classes and register. Remember, the VA only pays for classes that apply to your program of study. To assist you in selecting classes, visit how to view your advisement report.
- Meet with a MVEO Counselor to get your classes “Certified” (i.e., to activate your benefits).
Or, request certification through the Enrollment Certification Request Form.
- Pay any tuition and fees not covered (paid for) through VA benefits or financial aid by the payment deadline listed on www.jtcc.edu/tuition. Payment options:
- Tuition Assistance
- Financial Aid
- Chapter 30: MGIB
- Chapter 33 (Transfer of Entitlement for Post 9/11 GI Bill): Certificate of Eligibility
- Chapter 35: Financial Aid payment, or any of the options that follow:
- Virginia Military Survivors and Dependents Education Program (VMSDEP) Approval Letter
- Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship
- MyCAA (Career Advancement Account)
- Automatic Payment
- Cash and/or Credit Card
- Chapters 30, 1606, and 1607 only, MUST verify your enrollment monthly at W.A.V.E. or 877-838-2278.
- VocRehab - Chapter 31 Veterans must provide a VA FORM 28-1905 from your Vocational Rehabilitation Case Manager for current term as per guidance from your Case Manager.
- Students having attended and used their VA Benefits at another school, must submit a “Change of Program/Place of Training” Form (VA FORM 22-5495 for Ch. 35- DEA) OR (VA FORM 22-1995- all other chapters).
Remember, you MUST inform your JTCC MVEO Counselor (School Certifying Official) if you:
- Change your enrollment in any manner (drop/add/withdraw)
- Change your program of study
Failure to do this may result in under payment or over payment of benefits, which will cause a debt to JTCC and/or the VA.
Get More Information:
Military & Veterans Education Office
This institution is approved to offer GI Bill® educational benefits by the Virginia State Approving Agency.