Military Registration and Payments
Registration and Enrollment
- You must pay for your classes by the close of business the Friday of the week in which you registered for your classes (except Post 9/11, Ch. 33). If you don’t receive your Certificate of Eligibility before this payment deadline, please contact the MVEO staff for additional details. You may call the VA at 1-888-442-4551 to check on the progress of your application.
- Keep your address current. Contact the MVEO if you move.
- Do not repeat classes that have already been counted toward your degree/certificate completion. The VA will not pay benefits for classes that are not part of your degree program. If you want to repeat a class for which you already have credit, contact the MVEO , so we can adjust your enrollment status.
- Avoid taking classes that are not in your degree program. If you want to do this, contact the MVEO, so we can adjust your enrollment status.
- If you want to change your degree program, contact your advisor, and the MVEO immediately.
- Notify the MVEO promptly about any change in your enrollment. If you drop/add any classes after your enrollment has been certified, you may owe money to JTCC and/or the VA. Discuss changes with your MVEO counselor prior to making adjustments to your class schedule. The fewer changes you make, the less chance your benefits will be over-paid or under-paid.
- You must fill out an Enrollment Certification Request Form each semester and communicate with your MVEO Counselor (VA Certifying Official).
- Respond promptly to all requests from the VA or the MVEO. Your benefits depend on it.
- Post 9-11 (Chapter 33): Once your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) Letter from the Veterans Administration (VA) is provided to your MVEO counselor at JTCC, a “hold” will be placed on your account so your classes are not dropped due to non-payment of tuition and fees. Do not pay tuition/fees since submission of tuition and fees for your enrollment will occur (by your MVEO counselor) each semester after the financial aid office has posted funding (if applicable).
- Montgomery Bill (Chapter 30): Students must pay tuition & fees by the close of business the Friday of the week in which you registered for your classes. VA benefits are paid directly to the student.
- VocRehab (Chapter 31): Students enrolled under Vocational Rehabilitation must have the approval of a counselor at the VA before payment of benefits can be authorized.
- Members of the Selected Reserve and National Guard: These students should contact the VA regarding their benefits.
- Virginia Military Survivors and Dependents Education Program (VMSDEP): Students must take a copy of the Eligibility Letter received from the Virginia Department of Veterans Services to the Financial Services Office and provide a copy to your MVEO Counselor.
Get More Information:
Military & Veterans Education Office
This institution is approved to offer GI Bill® educational benefits by the Virginia State Approving Agency.