Military Resources and Services
John Tyler offers support services to students, including:
- Tutoring in the Student Success Center
- Disabilities Support Services
- Career Services
- Student Information Center
- Student Veterans Organization
The following links may also be helpful to veterans. These links are for information and educational purposes ONLY and do not imply an endorsement of the views, information, or products provided or held by such web sites.
- Veterans Affairs Tutorial Assistance : Available to help you pay for tutoring necessary to advance your education
- Virginia Department of Veterans Services : Services for veterans in the Commonwealth.
- PTSD Mobile App : Learn about and manage symptoms that often occur after trauma.
- PTSD Coach Online : Self-help tools that build coping skills for symptoms that often occur after trauma.
- Military OneSource : A no-cost and confidential Department of Defense-funded program providing comprehensive information on every aspect of military life.
- After Deployment : Wellness resources for the military community.
- The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text. Support for deaf and hard of hearing individuals is also available.
- Virginia Values Veterans V3 Program : Bringing veterans and employers together across the Commonwealth.
- Veteran’s Career Finder : Find a civilian career that uses your military experience.
- Veterans Job Seeker on LinkedIn : Free one-year subscription.
- Wounded Warrior National Resource Directory : Connecting wounded warriors, service members, veterans, their families and caregivers to those who support them.
- S.A.L.U.T.E : Veterans National Honor Society.
- National Association of Veterans Upward Bound : A professional association for veterans dedicated to fully developing the personal potential of all U.S. military veterans.
- Petersburg Freedom Support Center : A highly collaborative, public-private sponsored one-stop service hub for active, reserve and National Guard service members, their families and our veterans.
- Paying for College: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau : Make informed financial decisions about how to pay for college.
- Post 9/11 GI Bill Information Handouts.
- Housing Rates (BAH) VA Pays at the E-5 w/dependent rate, zip code 23831 (Post 9/11, Ch. 33 recipients ONLY and is based on rate-of-pursuit eligibility percentage).
- Request Military Transcripts
Get More Information:
Military & Veterans Education Office
This institution is approved to offer GI Bill® educational benefits by the Virginia State Approving Agency.